The Great Bend City Council will meet Monday night and the Barton County Commission will meet Wednesday morning, and both plan virtual meetings due to COVID-19 public gathering restrictions.
The Great Bend City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, at City Hall, 1209 Williams. One can also view the meetings on Access TV via Cox Cable Channel 20 or live online at www.facebook.com/gbcitycouncil/.The meeting will be recorded.
• The sale of remaining lots in the Amber Meadows Rural Housing Incentive District.
• The purchase of a police vehicle from the Kansas Highway Patrol.
• The 401a profit-sharing retirement plan for public safety personnel.
• A work session to on the Police Department building.
The commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/32UFRFL. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• An Employee Recognition Award for Natasha Beneke, Sheriff’s Office.
• The appointment of an interim solid waste director.
• The transfer and carry over of 2021 unexpended funds to the Capital Improvement and Equipment Replacement Funds.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10 a.m. – park improvements for City of Pawnee Rock with Yvonne Link, assistant clerk.
• 10:15 a.m. – diesel fuel quotes with Jennifer Hamby, interim solid waste director.
• 10:30 a.m. – regular business discussion and financial update with Matt Patzner, director of operations.