Great Bend USD 428 has released its summer activity plan for Great Bend High School.
This plan and any adjustments would adhere to Governor Laura Kelly’s phased plan to reopen Kansas as well as USD 428 Board of Education, Barton County Health Department, and the Kansas State High School Activities Association policies.
June 1-7 – (Barton County lifted restrictions; KSHSAA limit 3 hours per day per student for week 1 and limit 5 hours per day per student for week 2)
Restructure summer activities to the following guidelines:
• Limit groups to 15 assigned participants with no cross over
• Attendance will be taken and kept on file for all students
• Schedule for GBHS @ PAC: 6:45 a.m. – 9-12 girls; 7:30 a.m. – 10-12 boys; 8:30 a.m. – 9 boys
• Attendance is voluntary, as usual
• Coaches will start slowly with training making sure everyone is safe
June 8 through August 16 – (Unlimited, KSHSAA Organized Competition may begin after 10 days of conditioning)
• Return to regular summer schedule
• Middle School starts @ GBMS
• Team camps and activities for fall sports June 15 to Aug. 16
• Team camps and activities for winter/spring activities June 15 to August 2
General Sanitation Guidelines
• We will follow the Health Protocol for USD 428 Schools for Summer School
• All students will enter and exit from the south doors to the PAC
• All students/staff will have their temperatures taken prior to any activity; anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or known illness will be excluded pending clearance from a medical professional
• Pre-admittance questions will be posted and asked to athletes as they enter the building
• Spray sanitizing solution/towels will be present to clean all equipment used
• At the conclusion of each workout session and before the next workout session, all equipment will be cleaned and sanitized under the supervision of the coaching staff.
• Communicate with custodial staff each day after inside facilities have been used to guide disinfecting procedures
• All athletes/staff will apply hand sanitizer prior to the workout as well as prior to leaving the facility
• Limit access only to parts of the building that are necessary including the locker room
• Every head coach involved with summer programs will have sanitation guidelines in place and will have open gyms, practices, camps, and competitions approved and on a master schedule.