Upcoming programs at the Great Bend Public Library, 1409 Williams St., were announced by Jennifer King, marketing and Young Adult librarian.
The Children’s Department will have its annual Halloween party at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 30. “Bring out the whole family for a night of stories, games and snacks,” King said. “As always, everyone is encouraged to wear costumes.”
Halloween, Oct. 31, is Amnesty Day. Return undamaged, overdue materials at the Welcome Desk and no late fees will be charged.
• Computer class: Pathfinder - GBPL’s Online Catalog, 3 p.m. Oct. 23.
• Teen Game Day, Oct. 29 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. From board games to video games there is plenty to choose from.
• Computer class: Online Safety, Oct. 31 at 3 p.m. Pre-registration required and can be done at the library or online.
• After-School Movie, Nov. 1 at 3:30 p.m.
• Adults’ Night Out Movie: Much Ado About Nothing,” Nov. 1 at 7 p.m.
All events are free. Movies include free popcorn. For more information or to register for computer classes visit the library’s website at greatbendpl.info or call 792-2409.
New to the calendar:
• Friends of the Great Bend Public Library will meet at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3 in the Kansas Room of the library. Membership is $10 for an individual or $20 for a family. For more information visit the Friends’ website at friendsgbpl.blogspot.com or call the library.
• The Teen Spot shows free movies at 4 p.m. on most Mondays. The Teen Spot is open to students in grades 7-12 and has a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/teensgbpl.
• A free computer class at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 5, will teach adults how to use Goodreads, the world’s largest Internet site for readers and book recommendations. Pre-registration is required and can be done at the library or online.
• Book Club will meet from noon to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6. This month’s theme is Journeys. Read about an inner journey or an epic adventure and come join the discussion to find your next favorite book.