The third-annual Make a MOVEment day is set for 5-8 p.m. Saturday. The event supports the Family Crisis Center’s Del Hayden Child Advocacy Center in Great Bend.
“Our ‘MOVEments’ are to show that we are all moving to help children and families impacted by sexual/physical abuse and neglect,” said FCC Director Laura Patzner.
• “Shine & Show” for cars will be at Brit Spaugh Park. Entry fee is a stuffed animal, journal, writing utensils or a blanket for a child.
Food and drinks will be available and the door prize is a $50 P&S Security gift certificate.
For more information call 620-603-6515.
• MOVEment for motorcycles begins and ends at Brit Spaugh Park. The route is approximately 60 miles.
Entry fee is a stuffed animal, journal, writing utensils or a blanket for a child. The door prize is a $50 P&S Security gift certificate.
• 5k Walk/Run starts at 7:30 a.m. and begins and ends at Brit Spaugh Park. Run age divisions include 19-under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60-over. Awards for top three finishers in each age group, male and female will be presented following the race. The door prize is a $50 P&S Security gift certificate.
Event-time registration is $30, however T-shirts cannot be guaranteed.
Sign-in and number pick-up begins at 6:30 a.m. at Brit Spaugh Zoo Entrance or one may pick up race packets 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday at the Family Crisis Center 1924 Broadway Ave. Checks need to be payable to the Family Crisis Center CAC.
• River riders poker run will start at 5 p.m. at the Radium Bridge Motorsports Park. The cost is $10 per hand and the winning hand will receive a $250 P&S Security certificate.
• MOVEment for bicycles begins and ends at Brit Spaugh Park. It also starts at 5 p.m. There will be a two routes, one around town and a 20-mile ride. The entry fee is a stuffed animal, journal, writing utensils or a blanket for a child. The door prize is a $50 P&S Security gift certificate.
In addition, at the park there will be free kids activities, including bounce houses, meet and greets with the zoo animals, horse rides, train rides, face painting and balloon animals.
The Dell Hayden Memorial Child Advocacy Center is an entity of the Family Crisis Center in Great Bend which serves children who have been abused or neglected. The CAC coordinates a multi-disciplinary team of professionals who are dedicated to providing child-sensitive and compassionate services for the child and the child’s family.
Professionals representing child protective services, legal, law enforcement, mental health, medical and other disciplines provide a coordinated team response when a child reports abuse or when there is reason to believe a child has been abused or neglected. The child and family receive these services at no cost and in a safe, child-friendly atmosphere. This coordinated effort is proven to be less traumatic for the child and family and achieves better results in criminal prosecutions.
For more information on any of the activities, call the center at 620-603-6515.