Cattle in pens at Mid-America Feeders mill around as smoke rises from approximately 120 round hay bales that caught fire Tuesday afternoon. The fire was reported about 1:18 p.m. and after battling the blaze for awhile, MAF and Great Bend Fire Department officials decided it was best to just let the fire burn itself out. Great Bend Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said this was the third time this month that hay ignited at the feedlot. In each case the cause was spontaneous combustion. Firefighters were at the scene for about three hours to ensure the fire did not spread.