The 2017 Ambassador Club gave out Community Awards to the following groups/businesses:
• Superior Essex was awarded the Business Award in recognition for their Zero Waste to Landfill certification and the improvement of the business climate in the Hoisington Area.
• USD 431 Tech Squad was awarded the Education Award in recognition for excellence of education in the Hoisington Area.
• Country Place Senior Living was awarded the Health Award in recognition for service in the field of health and medicine.
• Clara Barton Commemorative Nativity Scene Restoration was awarded the Community Service Award in recognition for the betterment of the community through volunteer service.
• Hoisington High School Electric Car Club was awarded the Youth Activities Award in recognition for the promotion of the welfare of our youth.
HOISINGTON — On Saturday, Jan. 13, the 61st Annual Banquet and Awards Program was held at the Knights of Columbus in Hoisington.
Karen Van Brimmer of the Hoisington Dispatch announced the Citizen of the Year, Richard Neidhart for his service to the community, volunteering for the Knights of Columbus and St. John Catholic Church.
“He is always a cheerful volunteer and is happiest when he is helping others,” she said.
The 2018 Hoisington Chamber Board of Directors President Scott Fleming was introduced and gave a wrap up of activities and accomplishments of the Chamber in 2017. The new Hoisington Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President, Karen Baldyga, was also introduced. The Baldyga family moved to Hoisington from Massachusetts in June, 2017, when her husband, Wayne Baldyga, became pastor at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Hoisington.
In observance of the 2017 Hoisington Labor Day theme, “Heroically Hoisington,” 15 businesses decorated tables to promote either their business or recognize those in our community that are everyday Heroes.
The Board of Directors thanked those in attendance and all the members of the Hoisington Chamber of Commerce for a successful 2017.