HOISINGTON — Wednesday morning, the Hoisington Police Department posted to their facebook page information concerning the arrest of a Hoisington man following an investigation of child sex crimes, attempted sexual exploitation of a child, and electronic solicitation.
“On November 7, 2018 the Hoisington Police Department began an investigation regarding four (4) separate child sex crime cases.”
As a result, Zachary Glenn Mulneix, Hoisington, was arrested and formally charged with the following crimes:
- Case 18-310 Attempted Sexual Exploitation of a Child, Electronic Solicitation and Sale of Cigarettes or Tobacco Products to a Minor. Bond set at $1,000,000.00
- Case 18-311 Six (6) counts of Sexual Exploitation of a Child and Six (6) counts of Electronic Solicitation. Bond set at $100,000.00
- Case 18-312 Attempted Sexual Exploitation of a Child. Bond set at $100,000.00
- Case 18-313 Attempted Sexual Exploitation of a Child. Bond set at $100,000.00
- Additional charges are expected as search warrant results continue to be obtained.
The Tribune reached out to Hoisington Police Chief Kenton Doze via phone. He clarified, Mulneix was arrested Nov. 7, charged and booked into the Barton County Jail. The investigation began prior to that date and is continuing, but he anticipates it will be wrapped up soon. The solicitations involved Hoisington children.
Mulneix has already had his first appearance, but a preliminary hearing has not been set.