The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be live-streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3cpwljb. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A resolution regarding the Barton County Health Department Advisory Committee.
• A voice products service maintenance agreement for the Communications Department and County Attorney’s Office.
• The purchase of consolettes for the Communications Office.
• The asphalt plant overhaul project for the Road and Bridge Department.
• The Kansas Association of Counties Legislative Policy Statement.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 9:45 – personnel needs with Karen Winkelman, health director.
• 10 a.m. – fleet improvements with Darren Williams, county works director.
• 10:15 a.m. – computer programming needs with Dereck Hollingshead, information technology director.
• 10:30 a.m. – The US56 Expansion local match, 2023 Bridge Inspections and Ellinwood sandpit water rights – Barry McManaman, County Engineer.
• 11 a.m. – reporting requirements – Drug-Free Communities Grant and out-of-state travel with Marissa Woodmansee, juvenile services director.
• 11:15 a.m. – Emergency Management Performance Grant with Amy Miller, emergency risk manager.
• 11:30 a.m. – Neighborhood Revitalization Plan update with Wendy Prosser, county appraiser.
• Noon – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, director of operations.