As a way of expanding education on water issues in the state there will be a Water Talk Series in six cities this winter.
The fourth of the series will be Monday, February 13 at 2 p.m., at the Odd Fellows Lodge, 700 E. 1st Ave. in St. John. This Water Talk Series event will take place in conjunction with the WaterPACK Annual Meeting. Producers and stakeholders will hear information important to the coming year that will affect their operations in regards to future water supplies and tools to support reduced water use, such as Limited Irrigation Crop Insurance.
• 2017 Limited Irrigation Crop Insurance coverage offered by USDA – Risk Management Agency (RMA)
• Regional groundwater levels
• Central Kansas Water Bank presentation
• ILS/WaterPACK Technology Farm Update
• Regional Advisory Committee update
The event is hosted by WaterPACK with the support of USDA- RMA, Big Bend Groundwater Management District No. 5 and the Kansas Water Office. For more information visit www.kwo.org.
If accommodations are needed for persons with disabilities, please notify the KWO, (785) 296-3185, at least five working days prior to the conference.