The Barton County Association of Churches announces the 2018 Lenten Luncheons. The purpose of these weekly ecumenical gatherings is to provide an opportunity to join together in Christian fellowship and to create space for personal reflection and spiritual growth during Lent.
The luncheons begin serving at noon (not earlier) and continue to 1 p.m. on five consecutive Wednesdays beginning Feb. 21. A freewill offering is suggested to help defray the expenses incurred by the host congregation. The public is welcome to attend all of the luncheons:
• Feb. 21 - Foundry Methodist Church, 5401 Broadway, Pastor Aaron Withrow, host, and Pastor Tim Singleton, First Southern Baptist Church, speaker.
• Feb. 28 - Prince of Peace Parish Center, 4100 Broadway, the Rev. Don Bedore, host, and Pastor Sandy Kennedy, Faith Community Church, speaker.
• March 7 - First United Methodist Church, 2123 Forest, Pastor Lennie Maxwell, host, and Pastor Mike Munz, First Congregational Church/UCC, speaker.
• March 14 - Trinity Lutheran Church, 2710 24th St., Pastor Barbara Jones, host, and the Rev. Ted Stoecklein, Prince of Peace Parish, speaker.
• March 21 - First Presbyterian Church, 2400 Washington St., is the meal site. Host churches are First Presbyterian, First Congregational Church/UCC and First Church of the Nazarene. Sr. Jane Belanger, OP, Heartland Farm Community, will be the speaker.