The Great Bend City Council Monday night showed its appreciation to several city employees for their 515 years of cumulative service. Honored were staff members who have held their jobs for five, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45 years.
“One time each year, we try to celebrate our staff,” said Human Resource Director Randy Keesling. “It is really an honor to recognize staff that define service. I am proud of them.”
Mayor Joe Andrasek and City Administrator Kendal Francis then presented the service awards to the honorees who were present. Francis also offered his congratulations.
There will be a luncheon for city personnel Wednesday, and the honored employees will be lauded then as well.
• James Gaunt
• Jazmine Bell
• Maggie Glynn
• Vickie Johnson
• Joshua Creer
• Larami Parsons
• Paul Leiker
• Ethan Thomas
• Kristi Rouse
• Doug Prosser
• Linda Linsner
• Jim Schmeidler
• Scott Keeler
• Mark Pohlman
• Scott Harper
• Bill Browne
• Mark Orth
• Donald Mitchell
• Tim Wornkey
• Steve Root
• Bob Suelter
• John Stettinger
• Doug Burt
• David Bailey
Great Bend City Council meeting at a glance
Here is a quick look at what the Great Bend City Council did Monday night:
• Presented service awards to city employees.
• Heard a report from City Administrator Kendal Francis.
• Heard a departmental update Public Lands Director Scott Keeler and Francis, serving as acting public works director.
• Heard an economic development report from Great Bend Chamber of Commerce President Jan Peters. Her remarks focused on her leaving her job with the chamber and economic development.
• Approved a one-day cereal-malt beverage license for Edgar Jacobs of the Odin Store for the Great Bend Coop Christmas party Saturday, Dec. 14.
• Approved the purchase of a used dump truck from Doonan Peterbilt of Great Bend for the Street Department at a cost of $46,000.