Once again there will be a Labor Day Baby Contest in conjunction with the annual Labor Day activities. A Labor Day Baby will be named during the Labor Day Weekend and the winner will receive a cash award of $100, a $100 savings bond and momento.
The rules, which apply to the candidates, are:
• Candidates may be either boy or girl.
• Baby candidates must be between 6 months and 24 months on Labor Day (Sept. 3).
• Parents must be bonafide residents of Barton County.
• Contestants will be judged on stage appearance in “Festive Wear”, stage presentation, a 5 X 7 photograph, ticket sales and cash contributions.
• Points are accrued in each category. Judging will be held at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1. Tickets for the judging session will be $2.
Registration deadline is set for Wednesday, July 11. To register your baby, contact the Hoisington Chamber of Commerce office at 123 N. Main in Hoisington or call 620-653-4311 for more information. Information is also available on the web site www.hoisingtonkansas.com.