By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Reporting flood damages
Placeholder Image

ELLINWOOD — The Barton County Emergency Management office has notified the City of Ellinwood that residents who sustained flood damages need to complete an “Initial Damage Assessment” form which the State of Kansas will use to compile an official Damage Assessment. The form is available at the City office or can be downloaded from the Barton County website linked below.
Once completed drop the form off at the Ellinwood City Office, and they will review the form and forward to Barton County Emergency Management.
If damage is sustained to your home, business or personal property take photos of the damages. Keep track of time and expenses spent cleaning up. This information will be needed by the insurance company and possibly for tax returns. In addition, you will need the information in the event the incident is declared a disaster by FEMA and you apply for assistance. For more information on disaster assistance from FEMA go to: .