By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Home fire started in dryer
Placeholder Image

Firefighters believe an overheated dryer caused a fire Wednesday at 2717 20th St.
Units were dispatched to the single-story brick home at 3:35 p.m. Chief Mike Napolitano said the occupant was standing outside and told firefighters that the dryer was on fire in the basement. They encountered smoke on the first floor.
“Crews made their way to the basement where they found the fire and quickly extinguished (it),” Napolitano said. “Fire damage was limited to the room; however, smoke damage was throughout the house.
  “The cause of the fire is believed to be the dryer. It had overheated, catching the dryer lint plastic hose on fire. The flames traveled up the hose and dropped down on contents in the room, causing the fire to grow quickly.”