The Great Bend USD 428 Board of Education held a luncheon meeting on Thursday at Park Elementary School. Principal Phil Heeke, his staff and several students talked about what is going on at their school.
In action items Thursday, the school board approved the following contributions:
• Great Bend High School’s FFA Club received a $1,188 contribution from Zoetis Inc.
• The Great Bend Middle School Booster Club donated $440 to the athletic department to buy 90 combination locks from Hodge Products Inc. for field house lockers.
• The multi-media program at GBHS received $200 from the League of Women Voters.
• Park Elementary School was allowed to apply for and receive a $2,500 grant from the Golden Belt Community Foundation toward the purchase of the picnic-area canopy structure in the playground. The purchase was approved by the school board on Aug. 12 but the $2,500 contribution reduces the Park PTA contribution from the original $28,943 to $26,443.
• An anonymous donor has contributed $500 to Eisenhower Elementary School and $500 to Riley Elementary School to assist with student-support funds.