(Designed to allow time for classes to gather for their class socials, during less structured time, throughout the weekend.)
Friday, June 7
• Santa Fe Trail Days Scavenger Hunt — All registered alumni will receive a list of clues to hunt for the missing trinket box hidden on public access areas in and around Larned. Begins 2 weeks prior to event and continues until found. $500 prize.
• Santa Fe Trail Days Golf Tournament — 4-person scramble. Tee Times 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. First 20 paid teams get preferred times. Hole prizes and cash prizes for teams and players. Call the Chamber, 620-285-6916.
• Open golf all day at Larned Country Club.
• 9 a.m.-8 p.m. — Reunion registration check in, Jordaan Room, Chamber. Please use 5th Street entrance. Pick up packet, merchandise ordered and enjoy memorabilia and connecting with friends. Alumni not registered should drop in to sign the alumni guestbook and check out the message board. Registrations must be obtained and paid before the event.
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — Hamburger Feed High Plains Farm Credit Parking Lot, 6th and Main. Free with Santa Fe Trail Days button/ $5 without. Sponsored by High Plains Farm Credit.
• 5-7 p.m. — Pancake Feed by Assembly of God Church to benefit church youth programs Community Center, 16th & Toles.
• 5 p.m. to midnight — Beer Garden open. Happy Hour 5-6 p.m. 700 block of Broadway.
• All Day — Santa Fe Trail Days events in downtown Larned
• 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. — Dance to the highly entertaining Jimmy Dee & the Fabulous Destinations Band with local rock stars from the 1960s remembered. 7th Street between Broadway and Main. Bring your lawn chair. Sponsored by the Larned Alumni Association.
Saturday, June 8
• 7:15 a.m. — Pawnee Valley Community Hospital 2K/5K Run to benefit the Fort Larned Schools Athletic Programs
• Reunion Registration check in 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Jordaan Room, Chamber. Pick up packet, merchandise ordered and enjoy memorabilia AND connecting with friends. Alumni not registered should drop in to sign the alumni guestbook and check out the message board. Registrations must be obtained and paid before the event. Check the registration form for deadline.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Classic Car Show at Doerr Vernon Park, K-156 and Carroll. Contact Tracy Eye for entry info.
• 11 a.m. — Santa Fe Trail Days Parade - all classes encouraged to participate in the parade with a float, walk as a class, ride a wagon, dust off the Harleys....let your group get creative! Sign up by calling the Chamber, 620-285-6916.
• Noon — Gene Keady Dedication. W. 3rd Street dedicated by Mayor Bob Pivonka at East Moffett Stadium gate on Carroll Ave.
• 1 p.m. — Legion Riders Veterans Memorial Service on stage W. 7th St. south of Courthouse square.
• 1:30 p.m. — American Legion Riders Fun Run, benefitting future Veterans Memorial in Doerr Vernon Park. Departing from Courthouse Square! American Legion Riders No. 106 raffling 52-inch TV with tickets available from any member. Call Terry Harris, 620-910-7998 or Dennis Wilson, 620-910-7900.
• Lunch on your own in the many downtown venues, including deli-style restaurants and street vendors.
• 2 p.m.-Midnight — Beer Garden Open. Happy Hour 2-3 p.m.: $1 beer with SFTD Button.
• Afternoon to enjoy the Santa Fe Trail Days events including continuous musicians on stage noon to 6 p.m. west of 7th and Broadway, 1-4 p.m. view the Reunion Memoirs video at the old State Theater in downtown Larned while enjoying a break from the heat, areas to mingle and visit with other alumni on the shady Courthouse Square, visit area attractions, including the Santa Fe Trail Center with extended hours and Historic Fort Larned. Anyone up for a game of croquet or horseshoes at Schnack Park? A refreshing swim at the pool? A game of tennis at Doerr Vernon Park while the children play in the splash pad? Don’t miss the memory stones laid around the park sign. You’ll see some familiar names.
• 3-4:30 p.m. — Tours of Fort Larned schools, with bus transportation by USD 495, leaving from Larned Middle School south parking lot. For registered guests only (name tag required).
• 4:30 p.m. — All School Reunion group picture at LHS Football field, Rob Hines, photographer. Please be prompt.
• 5-8 p.m. — Reunion Dinner, catered by Wheatland Cafe of Hudson, at Larned Middle School, 9th and Corse, with entertainment.
• 8-10 p.m. — Of The Rescue Concert on stage west of 7th and Broadway. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the concert from the Courthouse Square.
• 10 p.m. to midnight — Acoustic Music in the Beer Garden
• 8 p.m. to midnight — Alumni gathering in area between Broadway and Topeka Ave on East 5th Street south of Jordaan Room to chat, reminisce, and enjoy renewing old friendships and making new friends. Pitch, card game challenge and games in the Jordaan Room. Bring your lawn chair.
Sunday, June 9
• 9 a.m. — Alumni Farewell Gathering and continental breakfast at Larned Middle School for registered alumni with nametag. Last laughs and chats before it goes in the record books!
• Santa Fe Trail Days events all day in downtown Larned
• 1-3 p.m. — Celebrate Beckwith Mortuary’s 100th birthday with free ice cream social. Drawing for SFTD’s Larned Bucks prizes.
Casual dress appropriate for all events.