LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. April 23 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
9 a.m. — Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton, chair; Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
Commissioners approved and signed NRTF Project Billing form.
Commissioners approved vouchers and checks that Pelton signed last week.
Commissioners appointed Mark Wagner Freedom of Information Officer.
Commissioners approved a plant being sent to the mortuary for the Family of Lorraine Erickson, retired Pawnee County appraiser.
• John Settle, Pawnee County attorney, discussed the Pawnee County-Larned Airport.
• Via telephone, commissioners heard updates from Jenny Manry on Camp Pawnee projects.
• Commissioners sorted through mail.
10 a.m. — Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, gave updates on roads and Camp Pawnee projects. He presented and discussed Annual Report for 2011. He gave updates on Noxious Weeds plans, and presented the 2011 Annual Report.
Demel gave update on FAS 90 bridge work repair.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payroll, bills and expenses.
• Ruth Searight, county clerk, gave an update on the Kansas Set Off Program and collections since implementing the program.
After discussion of the accounts the set-off program cannot accept, commissioners approved inactivating the accounts presented and discussed.
• Commissioners discussed the beam signing for May 1, 2012.
1 p.m. — Commissioners discussed the Special Meeting last week with Stafford County, and approved Courtland Holman to attend the next meeting, April 25, representing Pawnee County. Holman accepted.
2:30 p.m. — Matt Heyn, Pawnee Valley Community Hospital administrator; Shae Veach, Regional Vice-President, HaysMed, John Jeter, President and CEO; Bill Overbey, CFO; and Settle were present.
Heyn gave operations update regarding — Oncology/Chemo; March Patient Volumes; April patient volume thru today; Sleep Lab; Cataract Surgery; Beam signing; Website; Quality Assurance/Infection Control new position; Clinic patient volume; Medicare reimbursement and overpayments; Ultrasound; and other updates.
Overbey gave a financial update.
2:35 p.m. — Settle discussed Legislature and Kearney and Associates.
• Commissioners discussed Pine Wilt and the trees on the Pawnee County Courthouse lawn.
3:10 p.m. — The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled April 30.