LARNED — The Fort Larned USD 495 school board met June 11 in a regular meeting. The following minutes were submitted by Tiffany Burris, board clerk.
Jay Haremza, school board president, called the meeting to order.
Board members present were Jay Haremza, Brenda Hagerman, Sharon Arnold, June Barger, Sharon Lessard, Kevin Reece, Jon Flint, superintendent, Phil Martin, board attorney, and Tiffany Burris, board clerk. Absent was Marcia Giessel.
• The agenda and bills were approved as presented. Jean Simmons, finance director, passed out the cash summary report and reported Richard VonFeldt had picked up the petty cash books and will be reconciling them. She had been busy wrapping up the fiscal year. Simmons was granted authority to do year-end adjustments.
The board approved the Negotiated Agreement for the 2012-2013 school year. The board approved a 40-cent increase for all general fund classified employees for the 2012-13 school year.
• The board approved the following nomination for the 2011-2012 school year — Kelly L. Roberts, Southside, Larned Middle School head custodian.
• The board approved the following nominations for the 2012-2013 school year — Jennifer Anderson, Professional Development; Sheryl Mesmer, Para/Tri County/LHS; Linda Flint, Extra Class; Jenny Colglazier, Northside Elementary Music; Jenny Colglazier, Phinney Elementary Music; Augustina Vondracek, Teacher/Tri County/Northside/ Alternative Learning Classroom; Kendra Morris, Teacher/Tri County/Outlying District; Todd Wilmoth, Para/Tri County/ Alternative Learning Classroom; Tracey Martinez Para/Tri County/LMS; Pete Russum Para/Tri County/EC.
• Larned High School nominations — Mike O’Neil, boys basketball assistant; Jerrod Smith, boys basketball assistant; Scott Smythe, baseball assistant; Mike Heater, softball assistant; Joy Schmidt, volleyball assistant; A.B. Stokes, track assistant; Luke Geer, track assistant; Janet Fleske, Co-Forensics; Chris Scheideman, Co-Forensics; Quinton Burgess, At Risk Aide; Glenn McMillan, teacher; Katie Sperry, LHS Elementary Music.
• The school board approved the following separation for the 2011-2012 school year — Harlan Combs, head custodian/Special Services/LMS; and Ben Hyatt Para/Tri County/Outlying District.
• The board approved the following separations for the 2012-2013 school year — Chris Scheideman Stuco Sponsor/LHS; Dianna Price Para/Tri County/Outlying District; Bradley Divelbiss, Teacher/Tri County/Outlying District; Annette Smith, Para/Westside; Courtney Dobyns Para/Tri County/EC; and Leroy Lyon Para/Tri County/HS.
• The board approved the following transfer for the 2011-2012 school year — Tammy Werner, secretary/Tri County from secretary/LMS.
• The board approved the following transfers for the 2012-2013 school year — Tina McClendon Secretary/District Office from Secretary/Tri County; Shelly Haremza Para/Tri County/LHS from Para/Tri County/Kinsley; Madge Johnson Para/Tri County/OD from Para/Tri County/Northside; Sandie Kigar Library Aide/LHS from Para/Tri County/LHS; Rebecca Knauf Para/Tri County/EC from Para/Tri County/ Alternative Learning Classroom; and Alicia Carlton Office Manager/LMS from Secretary/LMS.
LSH escapee caught in Utah