• Larned Christmas Parade — Larned’s Christmas Parade begins at 11 a.m. in downtown Larned Saturday and features a theme of “It’s a Candyland Christmas.” Cars, bicycles and walkers are invited. After the parade, Santa’s Workshop will be open. At 2 p.m. a free movie at the Larned State Theater for the children of Pawnee County.
Contact, Contact Julie Ford, 620-285-3662.
• Fort Larned Christmas Open House — Saturday, Dec. 14, gather from 1 to 4:30 p.m. for an old-fashioned Christmas celebration just the way the people at Fort Larned National Historic Site would have celebrated in the 1860s and 1870s. Old-fashioned Yuletide celebration with hot apple cider, cookies and Christmas carols
• Kiddie Day at Jordaan Room — This year Kiddie Day is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 14 in the Jordaan Room of the Larned Area Chamber. There will be craft projects at 9 a.m. for children to make gifts for their parents. Those who want to shop the stores of Larned for gifts for their parents will be helped at 10 a.m. by Kiwanis Club members. The Kiwians Club is this year’s sponsor for Kiddie Day. Contact, Larned Chamber, 620-285-6916
• Pawnee County Toy Drive — Scraps, in conjunction with local area bikers will collect toys for children in need. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy to Scraps, 612 Broadway, by Dec. 14. All toys will remain in Pawnee County. The toy will be wrapped and distributed the week before Christmas. Children can be signed up at Scraps.
• Fort Larned Lions Club Coffee Hour — The Fort Larned Lions Club has scheduled its annual coffee hour from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 19 at Carr Auction. Fort Larned Lions collect food, clothing and toys, along with the Fort Larned School District and Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Auxiliary, for Christmas baskets to help families in need at the Holidays. From Carr Auction the baskets are packaged and delivered to the families. Contact Larned Chamber.
Printing issues delay Wednesday Tribune