LARNED — The Larned USD 495 board of education approved several personnel decisions at a recent meeting. The following are approved minutes from the July 11 meeting.
Attending were board members Jay Haremza, Sharon Arnold, Kevin Reese, June Barger, Sharon Lessard, Phil Martin, board attorney, Bonnie Carlson, treasurer, Joyce Simpson, clerk. Absent was Jon Flint, superintendent.
Approval passed for the following hirings for the 2011-2012 school year.
• Rae Lynn Allman, Teacher, Phinney; Lyndsay Dorzweiler, Teacher, Tri-County Kinsley; Brad Divelbiss, Teacher, Tri-County Kinsley; Lana Theis, Teacher, LMS; Linda Gobin, School Nurse, LHS-LMS; Shanda Perez, Secretary, Westside; Gene Williams, Elementary Music, Northside; Marc Webster, Elementary Music, Hillside; Jennifer Keith, Extra Class, Hillside; Linda Flint Extra Class, Tri County Pawnee Heights.
• Larned Middle School — Allen Perez, Assistant Football; David Gladow, Assistant Football; Marcy Wagner, Head Girls Basketball; Gary Wagner, Assistant Girls Basketball; Amanda Clark, Assistant Girls Basketball; David Gladow, Head Boys Basketball; Kraig Froetschner, Assistant Boys Basketball; Josh Kraisinger, Head Wrestling; David Gladow, Head Track; Marcy Wagner, Assistant Track; Amanda Clark, Head Volleyball; Barbara King, Assistant Volleyball; Lyndsay Dorzweiler, Assistant Volleyball; Jessie Miller, Head Cheerleading; Terry Rainbolt, Assistant Cheerleading; Patty Holaday, Stuco Sponsor; Jake Befort, Scholars Bowl; Steve Stearns, Science Olympiad; Ed Johnson, Math Relays; Diana Webster, Middle School Music; Gene Williams, Middle School Instrumental Music; Russell Wrinkle, TRIBE Power.
• Larned High School — Toni Novotny, Head Girls Golf; Mark Lessard, Head Girls Tennis; Gary Wagner, Head Cross Country; Marcy Wagner, Assistant Cross Country; Al Troyer Head Football; Scott Upson, Assistant Football; Chad Erway, Assistant Football; Chad Erway, Head Baseball; Preston Troyer, Assistant Football; Sandy Lucas, Head Volleyball; Tricia Prescott, Assistant Volleyball; Tricia Prescott, Assistant Girls Basketball; Allen Perez Head Girls Basketball; Ted Van Horn, Assistant Girls Basketball; Caleb Miles, Assistant Wrestling; Cline Barger, Assistant Baseball; Mike Seeman, Head Boys Golf; Danny Collins, Assistant Boys Golf; Joe Snyder, Head Boys Tennis; Al Troyer, Weight Lifting; Al Troyer, Yearbook; Joy Schmidt, Head Cheerleading; Gina Conrad, Assistant Cheerleading/LHS; Marc Webster, Pep Band; Marc Webster, Jazz Band; Marc Webster, High School Music; Diana Webster, High School Music; Jennifer Fitzpatrick, Junior Class Sponsor; Melvina Prescott Concessions; Chris Scheideman, STUCO Sponsor; Chris Scheideman, Debate; Joy Schmidt, Assistant STUCO Sponsor; Janet Fleske, National Honor Society; Jake Befort, Scholars Bowl; Bethany Skelton, Flags.
• Tri-County — Jennifer Colglazier, Extra Class; Jennifer Colglazier, Extra Class; A.C. Barker, Extra Class.
• District Office — Jennifer Anderson, Professional Development.
June Barger moved to approve the following transfers for the 2011-2012 school year.
Lou Ann Barker, Counselor, Westside from Teacher Phinney.
Megan Brabb, Para, Tri-County-Northside from Para, Tri-County-Hillside.
Sheli Haremza, Para, Tri-County-Kinsley from Para, Tri-County-Northside.
Scott Morse, Para, Tri-County-LHS from Para, Tri-County-Alterantive Learning Center.
Janice Perez, Para, Tri-County-Phinney from Para, Tri-County-Hillside.
Linda Presley, Para, Tri-County-LMS from Para, Tri-County-Early Childhood Center.
Jason Rietman, Para, Tri-County-Kinsley from Para, Tri-County-LHS.
Carole Specht, Para, Tri-County-ECHC from Para, Tri-County-Hillside.
Vicky Wallace, Para, Tri-County-ECHC from Para, Tri-County-Hillside.
Angela Olivier, Para, Tri-County-Northside ALC from Para/Tri-County-Early Childhood Center.
Approval passed for the following separations for the 2011-2012 school year.
Lana Amspacker, Teacher, Tri-County-Early Childhood Center; Wilena Peterson, Teacher, Tri-County-Early Childhood Center; Cindy Faubion, Teacher, Tri-County-LMS; Sheila Rupke, Speech Pathologist, Tri-County; Craig Morford, District Wide Maintenance, support services; Audrey Prescott, Secretary, Tri-County.
Approval passed for a variety of agreements and payments.
• The 2012 National Food Service Program Agreement was approved.
• Dec. 14-16 was approved as inclement weather days for the 2011-2012 school year.
• An agreement between Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Rehab Services and Fort Larned USD 495 for the 2011-2012 school year passed.
• Approval passed to accept the $7,237 grant for the approved Parents as Teachers program for 2011-2012.
• The legal assistance payment of $1,400 to KASB for the period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 was approved.
• The annual membership dues of $8,963 to KASB for the period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 was approved.
• Approval passed to accept the engagement letter for Von Feldt, Bauer & Von Feldt, Chtd. for the 2011-2012 school year.
• The Interagency Agreement between Fort Larned USD 495 and Stafford USD 349 effective September 2, 2011 was approved.
• The 2011-2012 Classified Handbook was approved.
• Approval passed for Administrators/Directors salaries for the 2011-2012 school year.
Book rental fees
The board approved the following book fees for the 2011-2012 school year — Kindergarten, $65; Grades 1-5, $75; grades 6-8, $80; grades 9-12, $85;
The board approved the following school lunch and breakfast fees for the 2011-2012 school year.
Lunch and Breakfast
Elementary $2; Elementary $1.35
LMS $2.25 (SS $1.45); LMS $1.35
LHS $2.25 (SS $1.45); LHS $1.45
Adult $3; Adult $1.80
Reduced 40 cents; Reduced 30 cents
Additional milk 40 cents.