LARNED — The Pawnee County Commissioners met at 9 a.m. Sept. 19 at the Pawnee County Courthouse. Commissioners Donna Pelton, Kathy Bowman and chairman Gary Caplinger were present. Minutes are provided by Ruth Searight, Pawnee County clerk.
• Searight gave commissioners the following for their review/approval — payroll; payables; draft minutes of August 29, 2016, for correction; envelope from John Settle, County Attorney; Notice of Public Hearing, text amendment request IACX energy; payroll change for Dakota Thorne; Kearney and Associates check; Schaller check; FAS 280 check; information on new overtime rules; Keysville Low Water Crossing; Letter from the State of Kansas regarding Appraiser in Compliance; KWORCC delegate form; Camp Pawnee forms for changes; Holidays for State employees; and ADA checklist that needs updating.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of Sept. 12, 2016.
• Commissioners received a bid for the wall outside the Pawnee County Courthouse from Melvin Priest, $10,360. Via telephone, Priest did not include the steps in the bid, and he will get back with them (clean and seal).
10 a.m.—Nate Brown, AirMedCare. Commissioners approved him visiting with employees to renew or sign up for service. County Clerk will deduct a one year premium or more, on the payroll all applications are into her office.
• Commissioners discussed the proposed 2017 budget.
• Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator informed the commissioners we did not receive acceptance for the OS21 Bridge. Demel gave updates on activities.
1:30 p.m.—Eric Lyberger, newly-hired Pawnee Valley Hospital administrator, met the commissioners.
2 p.m.—Shae Veach, Senior Vice-President, HaysMed, and George Harms, HaysMed CFO. arrived for the meeting. Veach gave updates on the following — Transitioning phase with new providers. Physician agreements will be for three years. Busy with Foundation Meetings, Standards, Gazebo, Clinic, Golf Tournament, and other updates. George Harms gave update on financials. Auditors finished three weeks ago. The cost report has been accepted by Medicare.
Reminded the commissioners of the reception on Thursday for Eric Lyberger, and the other two new providers.
• Commmissioners worked on the 2017 proposed budget.
3 p.m.—The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled at 9 a.m. Monday, Sept. 26.