LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 10:30 a.m. April 8 at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
10:30 a.m. — Pawnee County commissioners Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present. Donna Pelton was absent.
• Susie Burt and Crystal Barnes, Job Fest Committee, requested the commissioners help sponsor the Job Fest for $500, and in return, they will provide recognition and exposure as a presenting partner for the 7th annual Job Fest event scheduled May 9.
• Commissioners requested to see if the city of Larned would will pay half of the cost then the county would pay the other half.
• Haas said that the Pawnee County road and bridge department, with the assistance of employees from the city of Larned, were able to repair the septic system as Camp Pawnee.
• Commissioners approved the county clerk refunding Adam Hewson’s deposit from Camp Pawnee.
11:30 a.m. — Linda Henderson, Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Foundation, and Susanne Haynes, President, PVCH foundation.
Commissioners discussed the By-Laws, when the terms started for the Trustees, and other Foundation issues.
1:30 p.m. — Commissioners approved and signed checks for payroll, bills and expenses.
• Commissioners approved paying the Job Fest event $250, as the City of Larned will match the monies.
• John Settle, Pawnee County attorney, brought the commissioners two resolutions to adopt if they wanted.
• The commissioners adopted Resolution No. 2013-02, opposing the listing of the Lesser Prairie Chicken as a threatened species.
• Leon Sanders, Camp Pawnee caretaker. After discussion, commissioners approved Sanders replacing the water pressure tank for $600 or less.
• Commissioners discussed the Pawnee County Concerned Citizens’ meeting.
3:40 p.m. — The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting is April 15.