LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 8:45 a.m. July 2 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton, chair; Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
8:45 a.m. — Scott King, Pawnee County sheriff, and Derek Slack, undersheriff, presented and discussed the proposed 2013 budget. They discussed 911 funds and radios. They discussed repeater replacement.
They gave other updates on activities, plans and goals.
• Commissioners approved a burn ban for all of Pawnee County for seven days.
9:30 a.m. — Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, discussed job descriptions and the proposed 2013 budget. He discussed using 911 funds for a new sign truck. Demel will check with Mark Bauer, VonFeldt, Bauer and VonFeldt.
10 a.m. — Bruce Gatterman, 24th Judicial District Judge, Linda Atteberry, chief clerk, and Kay Schartz, clerk, discussed the 2013 proposed budgets for district county, district expense and citizens review board.
They discussed the need for two new lock file cabinets for $5,900. Commissioners approved the purchase of two new file cabinets, with county general paying for one-half, and district expenses budget paying the other half. They gave updates on activities in departments.
• Commissioners approved that all payroll time cards must show all hours worked for each day and each week, and certified to be true and correct. If some of the time is to be converted to comp time, this must show on the voucher.
All time sheets must be accurate and certified by the employee. All vouchers must be accurate, approved, dated and certified by the department head. proper and accurate documentation must be attached to all payroll, bills and expenses vouchers.
All hours must be reported and certified in this manner, so there is consistency for meeting the fair wage and hour standards in reporting regular, overtime, double time, comp time, vacation, sick, personal, civil leave, in addition to cash adjustments, holiday regular hours and meals and cleaning allowance that are
• Haas said he will not be able to attend next week’s regular meeting.
• Commissioners sorted through mail.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payroll, bills and expenses.
• Commissioners discussed cell phone policy.
• Darold Bussard, Pawnee County custodian, presented a medical release for back to work, and commissioners approved his return to work.
11 a.m. — Mary Beth Herrmann, Pawnee County health administrator, discussed the cell phone policy.
Approval passed to accept Herrmann’s proposal for designating employees in the Pawnee County health department to make provisions as allowed in Resolution 2012-07 for reimbursement allowance for employee owned cell phones, and then Pelton signed the document.
She gave updates on department.
11:15 a.m. — After discussion, commissioners signed application for OS21 Bridge for $665,010, at no cost to Pawnee County, as all would be covered by exchange monies. Demel gave updates on activities and plans.
• Commissioners read, corrected and approved minutes of June 25, 2012.
1:30 p.m. — Rod Wheaton, Pawnee County solid waste supervisor, discussed the proposed 2013 budget.
2:30 p.m. — Kathy Jadwin, Pawnee County treasurer, discussed the proposed 2013 budget.
• Ruth Searight, Pawnee County clerk, discussed Manatron and some issues with security.
• Effective July 1, 2013, commissioners approved that privately owned automobile mileage reimbursement rate will increase to 55 cents per mile.
4:30 p.m. — The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled at 9 a.m. July 9.