LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. April 6 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee County clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Kathy Bowman; Donna Pelton, chair; and Gary Caplinger, were present.
Pelton told the County Clerk, that the piece of paper they signed last week that had a numbered page of B1, was the only page for that document, which was called the Certificate of Completion.
Pelton, also, said that the Pawnee Valley Community Hospital depreciation schedule is also, ALL of the Pawnee County Inventory.
Carl Miller, Pawnee County appraiser, discussed soil types, and a meeting will be scheduled to learn how to use the Auto Cad. The AOC-Auto Cad had no maps, and they sent the jump drive to Russell with errors in the files. Commissioners approved $2,500 for 25 hours, to get the problem figured out.
Searight gave the commissioners the following for their review/approval — payroll; payables; draft minutes of March 30, 2015; another copy of the draft minutes of March 23, 2015, that they were having John Settle, County Attorney, review; copy of Van Keppel Volvo L330H quote; copy of Proclamation for Fair Housing Month (April); agenda; updated approved wages and salaries; informed them we are still missing Camp Pawnee and County Attorney inventories; request from Larry Miller, for grave markers for Larned Cemetery, 24 at $32.95 each; and memo from Michelle Yingling, BCBS Representative, regarding Underwriting Response, for eligibility of employees being on our BCBS when not meeting the eligibility requirements the Board of Commissioners set to be on Pawnee County Employees coverage; KWORCC open claims report.
• Commissioners reviewed the BCBS memo.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payroll and payables.
• Commissioners read, corrected and approved minutes of March 30, 2015.
9:40 a.m.—Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway adiminstrator, gave updates and discussed the high rural risk regarding traffic control signs. Discussed three areas of risk and solutions.
He gave an update on last Thursday’s meeting. The Feds are re-evaluating all bridges, and getting in compliance with the bridges. KDOT has Pilot Program on road safety, and plan to identify hazardous roads.
He gave other department updates.
• Commissioners went thrrough the mail.
• Pelton gave County Clerk the County Attorney’s inventory.
• Mark Wagner, Pawnee County emergency management/zoning. Gave update on the storms damage April 2 with estimated 100-mph straight-line winds, downdrafts, microbursts and very destructive weather.
Wagner discussed the Health Department generator. Right now the transfer station is using the generator, as they are without power.
• Commissioners read, corrected/changed and approved minutes of March 23, 2015.
1:30 p.m.—Rod Wheaton, Pawnee County solid waste supervisor, reviewed quotes on rates from Banks for the Volvo, L110H, 2015, New, with first Lease/Purchase payment due Feb. 1, 2016:
1. Farmers Bank 2.59 percent; $10 Cover Cost of Filing Fee
2. First State Bank 2.41 percent; Close before July 3, 2015, no Filing fee
3. American States 2.0 percent; Close on April 15, 2015
4. Bank of the West 2.39 percent; Need Credit Approval Only
5. Pawnee County Bank 2.59 percent; $500 Prep Fee.
• Commissioners accepted the First State Bank quote.
1:45 p.m.—John Settle, Pawnee County Attorney.
1:50 p.m.—An executive session for 30 minutes was requested for attorney/client privilege exception.
2:20 p.m.—The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled for 9 a.m. April 13.