LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. Sept. 24 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton, chair; Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
• Commissioners sorted through mail.
• Ruth Searight, Pawnee County clerk, discussed some credits and monies due on various medical equipment for the Pawnee Valley Community Hospital.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables and payroll.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of Sept. 17, 2012.
• Commissioners approved and signed payroll change for Brandon Enabnit, Level II, to Step 6, effective Sept. 28.
• Commissioners certified Kathy Bowman, voting delegate for Pawnee County, for both KWORCC and KCAMP, at their annual meetings.
10 a.m. — Public hearing for the 2013 proposed budget. Attending were Kim Barnes, Jason Murray, Bob Frisbie and Joan Forrest.
Discussion and questions pertained to the proposed budget.
The commission adopted the 2013 budget as published.
Haas said he would leave next week’s regular meeting for one hour.
10:30 a.m. — Carl Miller, Pawnee County appraiser. After discussion, commissioners signed the 2013 appraisal specifications, and Phase Delineation Chart.
• Commissioners discussed Neighborhood Revitalization.
10:45 a.m. — Carl Miller, Pawnee County appraiser; Mark Wagner, Pawnee County EM/zoning director; Kathy Jadwin, Pawnee County treasurer; Mary Beth Herrmann, Pawnee County health administrator; Darold Bussard, custodian; and Dolores Wren, Pawnee County deputy register of deeds, were present.
Commissioners discussed the issues with the Internet operating slowly, and the need to correct the issues. After discussion, Mark Wagner and Mary Beth Herrmann were selected to check into finding a solution.
11:40 a.m. — The meeting was adjourned until Oct. 1 at 9 a.m.