LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. July 7 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee County clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton; Kathy Bowman, chair, were present, John C. Haas, was absent.
• Searight gave commissioners the following for their review/approval — RV camping comment; draft minutes June 30, 2014; payable; KAC Employee Trust Brochure; and Pawnee County emergency management-zoning 2015 proposed budget.
• Jake Renner, Pawnee County Extension ag agent; Donna Preisner, family and consumer agent; Jason Murray, Extension board president, and board members Karen Frick, Bob Frisbie, and Terry Huff, presented and discussed the proposed Extension 2015 budget, and appropriation request.
Members gave updates on activities, goals and programs.
9:35 a.m. — Bruce Gatterman, 24th Judicial District Judge, and Kay Schartz, Pawnee County Court Clerk, presented and discussed the proposed 2014 budgets for District Court, District Expense and Court Trustee.
They discussed the new equipment needed for E-filing, and costs involved to assure the new system will be compatible with other systems in place.
They discussed other needs and possible changes to systems.
• Commissioners approved paying the Larned Tiller and Toiler $725 bill for the Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Progress edition from the commissioner’s budget.
• Searight gave updates on the accounting setup for Adult DOC; Juvenile DOC; Separation Fund; Pawnee Diversion Supervision; and Lane Diversion Supervision Funds.
• John Settle, Pawnee County attorney, gave updates on the educational meetings he attended in New York City last week.
11:30 a.m. — Settle, Shae Veach, PVCH, Inc., Interim Administrator, and George Harms, Hays Medical Center, CFO, gave updates and presented and discussed proposed budget.
12 p.m. — Executive session, 45 minutes, attorney/client privilege.
12:45 p.m. — Executive session, 10 minutes, attorney/client privilege.
12:55 p.m. — Commissioners read and approved minutes of June 30, 2014.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables.
• Commissioners requested the county clerk mark off three hours in the morning July 14, to visit with Hays Medical Center officials regarding the budget and agreements.
1:45 p.m.—The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled at 9 a.m. July 14.