LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. Aug. 6 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton, chair; Kathy Bowman, John C. Haas were present.
• Commissioners corrected a clerical error, in the minutes of July 16, 2012, of the total dollar amount of the vehicle purchased from Al Hanken Motors.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of July 30, 2012.
• Commissioners discussed the 2013 budget.
• Commissioners signed approval for the 2013 District Court and District Expense budget, as presented.
• Commissioners sorted through mail.
• Commissioners approved extending the Burn Ban for all of Pawnee County for another seven days.
9:55 a.m. -- Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, was present. Commissioners signed a road crossing permit.
Commissioners approved and signed payroll change notice for John Hutfles, Level III, to step 5, effective August 18, 2012.
Commissioners approved and signed payroll change notice for Nathan Barker, Level III, to step 3, effective August 14, 2012.
Demel gave other department updates.
11 a.m. -- Mary Beth Herrmann, Pawnee County health administrator, was present.
Commissioners approved a banner for the courthouse lawn, regarding the flu vaccines.
1:30 p.m. -- Rod Wheaton, Pawnee County solid waste supervisor, discussed Department of Corrections contract information.
He discussed Well testing schedules, results and the cost of testing.
Haas will not be able to attend the next regular meeting.
2:20 p.m. -- The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled Aug. 13. At 9 a.m., the commissioners will serve as the board of canvassers. After canvassing, they will serve as the board of commissioners.