LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. June 10 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton, chair; Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
10 a.m. — Mark Bauer, VonFeldt, Bauer and VonFeldt, gave an update on his visit with Lane Massey, Larned city manager, regarding a new Pawnee County/Larned City Airport contract, and possible changes to the bookkeeping/accounting, by having just one fund to track Pawnee County, Larned city deposits, as well as other receipts and expenditures for the airport.
• Commissioners discussed redistricting maps. Kim Barnes, discussed redistricting maps, and visit with Kearney & Associates. Ruth Searight, Pawnee County clerk, discussed redistricting maps.
• Commissioners discussed the PCEDC 2012 appropriation.
2:30 p.m. — Denise Wood, Community Corrections/Juvenile Justice Authority, gave updates on grant conditions.
• Searight gave each commissioner a clerk’s report and interim for their review.
• Commissioners extended the burn ban for another seven days, for Pawnee County.
10:30 a.m. — Jim Johnson, Sunflower Diversified, presented and discussed the proposed 2013 budget and appropriation request. He gave an update on some possible recycling pickup in the city of Larned.
11 a.m. —Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, gave updates on roads and other plans and activities. He discussed the off-road system program. Commissioners signed a road crossing permit.
• Commissioners approved and signed payroll, bills and expenses.
1:30 p.m. — Mary Beth Herrmann, Pawnee County health department administrator, and Mark Wagner, emergency management/zoning director, discussed a possible upgrade, at no additional charge, with Cox Communication. She said computer systems are running very slow. She presented and discussed 2013 proposed budgets.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of June 4, 2012. They read and approved minutes of a special meeting, June 4, 2012.
2:45 p.m. — John Settle, Pawnee County attorney, discussed Internet services with Cox Communications. Commissioners left it up to Settle to decide whether to upgrade.
• Commissioners discussed who should go to Topeka regarding the Larned State Hospital selection committee. Commissioners appointed Settle to the selection committee.
• Commissioners discussed the Foundation Trustee.
3:15 p.m. – The meeting was adjourned. The meeting was scheduled June 17.