LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 1 p.m. Dec. 7 for a regular meeting. Pawnee County commissioners Kathy Bowman; and Gary Caplinger were present. Donna Pelton, chair, was absent; The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee County clerk Ruth Searight.
Searight gave the commissioners the following for their review/approval — envelopes with Larned Bucks for employees Christmas gifts; Secure 300 brochures for each Commissioners; Change Order 2015- 1; payables; amended budget for approval; updated wages; agenda; and draft minutes of Nov. 30, 2015.
• Caplinger will not be able to attend all of next weeks meeting.
• Commissioners received the Kansas Health Foundation check for $21,850, that Pride/Extension will facilitate.
• Commissioners approved and signed change order No. 2015-1.
• The commissioners went to courthouse offices to hand out Christmas envelopes to employees.
• Scott King, Pawnee County sheriff, and Derek Slack, undersheriff, requested approval to purchase 2016 Dodge Charger, new style, no trade, as it is available Dec. 16, 2015, for $25,467, plus additional equipment, to be paid out of law enforcement budget, from Davis Moore, Wichita.
Sheriff King wants to keep their Crown Victoria with 170,000 miles for now. Commissioners approved as presented.
Commissioners discussed other activities and goals.
Searight gave preliminary update on general fund end of year. Gave each commissioner a copy of GL, clerk’s report and interim.
2 p.m.—Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, and Scott Turner, office manager II. Commissioners approved Turner signing for the grant. Commissioners signed a road crossing grant. Demel gave updates on high risk signage. He gave other updates. He discussed the salt, and where to store it.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of Nov. 30, 2015.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables.
Commissioners approved publishing amended budgets as presented on Friday, Dec. 11, 2015.
Searight informed commissioners that the 60 days after publishing the Charter Resolution No. 15, is Dec. 8, 2015, and unless a valid petition is filed by tomorrow, the Resolution is in effect, Dec. 9, 2015, and she will file with the Secretary of State.
3:45 p.m.—The Larned junior city council visited the commissioners. Joan Basgall leader; Lewis Young, driver. Junior council members are Kathryn Holt, Charisma Taylor, Elizabeth Davis, Ian Orth, Kristen Gabel and Brayson Bird.
Members were able to ask the commissioners about their duties as commissioners. Pelton, chair, escorted them to some of the other offices to find out more about Pawnee County.
• Lewis Young visited with the Commissioners about the hospital and the MRI.
4:30 p.m.—The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled at 9 a.m. Monday, Dec. 14.