Activities Sept. 4-Sept. 10
Labor Day Monday — Welcome Inn will be closed.
Coffee Time — Tuesday 9:30 a.m. Bring food to share, or just show up
Balance and Flexibility Class — Tuesday and Friday 11 a.m. About a 30-minute class led by Betty Tauscher
Welcome Inn Board Meeting — Wednesday 12:45 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
Crafts — Thursday 1 p.m. There are several on going projects
Diabetes Support Meeting — Thursday 7 p.m. Open to everyone.
Wii games — Every day 11 a.m. Wii games. Come in and play a variety of fun games
Mexican Train (dominoes) game. Every day following lunch. Come play with us
Anniversaries: Monday — Victor and Theresa Kreutzer
Saturday — Larry and Juana Bernstorf
Birthdays: Friday — Wanda Eye
Saturday — Bobbie Sharrock, Jan Murphy, Bob Murphy, M.D. Grimes, Harold Jackson
Did you know?
The Welcome Inn Monthly Newsletter contains a variety of useful information. Betty Tauscher is the editor. An example — here are five simple ways to stay healthy
• Eat Breakfast — it is essential for brain stamina and weight management
• Move more — take a short walk, dance around the house - anything to increase your heart rate
• Listen to music — this can lower blood pressure and help your heart
• Add a fruit and vegetable to each meal - provides fiber and essential vitamins
• Get enough sleep — 6 to 8 hours are recommended. Lack of sleep is responsible for many of our problems.
Thoughts to Ponder
• People may fail many times, but they become failures only when they begin to blame someone else — Unknown
• You’re never too old to become younger — Mae West
• Always give people more than they expect to get — Nelson Boswell