Below are some of the happenings at the Welcome Inn.
Activities Sept. 11-17
Carry in Dinner — Sunday 12:30 p.m. Bring some food and enjoy visiting and eating with friends.
Blood Pressure check — Monday 11:30 a.m. We all need to know.
Coffee Time — Tuesday 9:30 a.m. Bring food to share, or just show up.
Balance and Flexibility Class — Tuesday and Friday 11 a.m. About a 30-minute class led by Betty Tauscher.
Hearing Aide Service — Wednesday 1 to 3 p.m. Are you missing what people are saying?
Birthday and Anniversary Dinner —Thursday noon. For all who have September birthdays or anniversaries.
Crafts — Thursday 1 p.m. There are several on going projects.
Wii games — Every day 11 a.m. Wii games. Come in and play a variety of fun games.
Mexican Train (dominoes) game. Every day following lunch. Come play with us.
Anniversaries: Sunday — Bob and Shirley Racette
Wednesday — Max and Deloris Alexander
Birthdays: Sunday — Bill Gross, Winnie Ashley
Monday — Bob Best
Tuesday — Max Fox, Maxine Foster
Thursday — James Graner
Did you know?
• We encourage guests to stop in for lunch at the Welcome Inn, especially those that have not eaten here before. Well balanced and nutritious meals are served for lunch, Monday through Friday. Meals are served with milk; donations for coffee and tea are accepted. Meals are $3 for those 60 years or older and $5.00 for those younger than 60. Take out meals and frozen meals are available. Meal coupons are available.
• September is National Senior Center Month. Therefore, the Welcome Inn in Larned is offering free coffee or tea with a noon meal, Monday through Friday, during September. Come in and eat with us and enjoy a free cup of coffee or glass of tea. Meals, served with milk, are $3 for those that are 60 or older and $5 for those under 60.
Lexophiles (lover of words)
• The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes was on shaky ground.
• The batteries were given out free of charge.
• A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.
• A will is a dead giveaway.