By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Two families without home
new re Fire
Great Bend firefighters responded to duplex fire at 4:40 a.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of Polk Street. The fire was caused by an electrical short from an extension cord. According to GBFD Chief Luke McCormick, two families were displaced and the duplex sustained approximately $25,000 in damages. One person was transported by ambulance Great Bend Regional Hospital. The Great Bend Fire Department was assisted at the scene by officers from the Great Police Department.