This Saturday, the Great Bend Tribune will host the 2021 Central Kansas Health & Wellness Expo. This free event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Great Bend Events Center at 3111 10th St.
Whether you started the new year with a health-related goal or need some inspiration, being mindful of your situation can be helpful. What better way to become aware than to see new products or hear from experts on a variety of topics? The expo will feature more than 20 vendors, along with speakers addressing topics of mental, physical and financial wellness. It will also offer a chance to donate blood to the Red Cross.
Our community has many sources we can turn to for information.
In case you missed it, here is the speaker schedule for Saturday:
• 11 a.m. - Barry Bowers, CPA, Spectrum CPA Partners LLC - Tax changes for 2020 you should know, with question and answer session
• 11:45 a.m. - Melanie Schroeter, DPT, University of Kansas Health System - Great Bend Campus - How stress and pain are related
• 1 p.m. - Julie Kramp, Director, The Center of Counseling and Consultation - #ZeroReasonsWhy, the community impact campaign to prevent teen suicide
• 1:45 p.m. - Megan Donecker, RPSGT, RST, University of Kansas Health System - Sleep medicine, diagnostics and treatments for a better night’s sleep, and how sleep can impact your overall health
• 2:30 p.m. - University of Kansas Health System - Great Bend Campus - Gina Westhoff, PA - Mammograms
We’re proud of this event that shines a spotlight on all kinds of health and wellness. Thanks to the vendors, the expo is also free to the public.