By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
County Committee nominations being accepted
Placeholder Image

Farmers, ranchers and other agricultural producers may begin nominating eligible candidates to serve on local Farm Service Agency county committees, announced Adrian Polansky, State Executive Director of USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) in Kansas.
“County committees play a vital role in the administration of federal farm programs and the positive effect they have on rural communities,” said Polansky.
FSA county committees make decisions on commodity price support loans, conservation programs, disaster programs, employing county executive directors and other significant agricultural issues.
 To hold office as a county committee member, a person must participate or cooperate in a program administered by FSA, be eligible to vote in a county committee election and reside in the local administrative area in which the person is a candidate.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others as candidates. Additionally, organizations representing minorities and women may nominate candidates.
All nominees must sign nomination form FSA-669A, which includes a statement that the nominee agrees to serve if elected. Form FSA-669A is available at USDA Service Centers and online at: All nomination forms for the 2011 election must be postmarked or received in the local USDA Service Center by close of business on Aug. 1.
The county committee nomination period will begin June 15. Voting takes place in the fall.  Ballots will be mailed to eligible voters by Nov. 4. The final day to return voted ballots to the local USDA Service Center is Dec. 5.  Newly elected county committee members take office Jan. 1, 2012.
For more information about FSA county committees, visit a local USDA Service Center or online at: Then select the County Committee Election Page.
Contact your local FSA county office to determine which Local Administrative Area is conducting an election this year in your county.