Primary election dates to remember include:
• Tuesday July 17: Deadline to register to vote.
• Wednesday, July 18: Early voting may begin
• Tuesday July 31: Deadline to apply for advanced ballots to be mailed.
• Monday, Aug. 6 (noon): Deadline for voters to vote advanced ballots in person in the Office of the County Clerk/Election Officer.
• Tuesday, Aug. 7: Deadline for sick/disabled/illiterate voters to apply for an advanced voting ballot.
• Tuesday, Aug. 7: Advanced ballots must be returned to the County Clerk’s Office or Polling Place before 7 p.m. If returning by mail, a ballot must be postmarked by election day and received on or before the Friday following the election.
Individuals may register to vote at the following locations during regular business hours:
• Barton County Clerk’s Office, Courthouse, Great Bend
• All City Clerk’s offices in Barton County
• Front Door, 1615 10th, Great Bend
• Great Bend Public Library, 1409 Williams, Great Bend
• First Kansas Bank, 101 N Main, Hoisington
• Hoisington Library, 169 S Walnut, Hoisington
• Credit Union of America, 4708 10th, Great Bend
Persons who apply for services at voter registration agencies may register at the following locations during regular business hours:
• Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services, 1305 Patton Rd, Great Bend
• The Center for Counseling and Consultation, 5815 Broadway, Great Bend
• Barton County Health Department, 1300 Kansas, Great Bend
• Kansas Drivers’ License Examination Department, Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main, Room 207, Great Bend
• Rosewood Services, 384 N Washington Ave, Great Bend
• Sunflower Diversified Services Inc. 8823 4th St., Great Bend
Barton County registered voters can now apply for advanced ballots for the Tuesday, Aug. 7, primary election, said Donna Zimmerman, Barton county clerk and election officer.
Any registered voter may contact Zimmerman’s office either by mail, by phone or in person for an application for an advanced voting ballot. Anyone requesting an advanced ballot must first provide a photo identification.
Zimmerman said applications may also be downloaded from the Barton County website at bartoncounty.org (click: Departments>Elections>Advance Vote). Signed applications may be delivered or mailed to the County Clerk’s Office, or faxed to 620-793-1990.
Upon receipt of a completed and signed application, the election officer will provide said elector with an advanced ballot for the primary. An elector cannot apply for a ballot for another voter.
Voters can vote in the the Barton County Clerk’s Office beginning Wednesday through noon on the day preceding the primary, she said. An application for an advanced ballot for someone who is sick/disabled/illiterate may be filed during the regular advanced ballot application period until the close of polls on the day of the election.
If returning an advanced ballot in person, the ballot must be returned to the county election officer before the close of the polls on the day of the election. Advanced ballots may now also be delivered to the voter’s polling location.
If returning by mail, a ballot must be postmarked on or before election day and received on or before the Friday following the election. Affidavits of Assistance forms are available to assist another elector in the application and voting processes.
Ballots will not be counted until Election Day.