The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be live-streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3MlYrbC. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A Revenue Neutral Rate hearing for the 2023 operating budget.
• A budget hearing for the 2023 operating budget.
• Approval of the budget.
• Adoption of the 2023 authorized position listing, and capital improvement and equipment replacement plans.
• The Southwest Developmental Services Inc. service agreement.
• The 2021 audit report.
• The Central Kansas Community Corrections and Juvenile Services fiscal year 2023 carry-over budgets.
• Northern Natural Gas pipeline agreements.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10:30 a.m. – Regular Business Discussion with Matt Patzner, director of operations.
• 11 a.m. – The commission will tour a building located at 18th and Main, Great Bend, as possible temporary county offices when the Courthouse HVAC system is being replaced.