The Golden Belt Community Concert Association is in the midst of its 2019-2020 membership campaign bringing on its new season “Nights of Nostalgia.” The whole season of concerts will bring to audiences nostalgic glimpses of good times past, special people and favorite places.
The season also brings good news: Members will be able to attend five concerts for the same low membership fee as last year’s four concerts. The association will continue receiving renewals and seeking new members through May 17. Concerts are as follows:
• The Everly Set, Sept. 23, 2019 – A tribute to the Everly Brothers with their 1950s-60s sparkling harmonies and hit songs, “Bye Bye Love,” “Wake Up Little Suzie,” “Cathy’s Clown” and more.
• The Annie Moses Band, Oct. 13, 2019 – Juilliard-educated singer/violinist Annie Wolaver Dupre and her siblings, Alex (viola) and Benjamin (cello) with a rhythm section led by their award-winning father Bill Wolaver present a varied repertoire, including Copland’s “Appalachian Spring,” Cash’s “I’ve Been Everywhere,” Gershwin’s “An American in Paris,” the traditional “Orange Blossom Specia” and more.
• A Jazzy Little Christmas, Dec. 10, 2019 – Ernie Haase and Signature Sound present classic holiday tunes, and sacred seasonal songs all presented with a live jazz combo; reminiscent of The Four Freshmen, The Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett.
• Classic Nashville Roadshow, April 27, 2020 – A journey down memory lane with such classic country hits as “Golden Ring,” “Jackson,” “Crazy” and “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” plus music of Dolly Patton, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson and more.
• Beginnings, May 11, 2020 – The Ultimate Chicago Tribute Band, bringing to life the original and glorious melodies of Chicago, including “Beginnings,” “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is,” “25 or 6 to 4” and many more.
Admission to the concerts is by season membership only. No single concert tickets are available. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and take place at the Great Bend Municipal Auditorium, Lakin and Stone.
Season memberships are $50 for adults; $10 for full-time enrolled students; $110 for a family membership including two adults and all dependent children living in the same household; and $110 for a grandparent package for two adults and up to four minor grandchildren.
Current GBCCA members may renew online at www.goldenbeltcca.org if they wish. Anyone who is not a current member and wishes to purchase a membership may contact Linda Jerke, 620-793-2748; go to the GBCCA website; or go to the GBCCA headquarters at the Best Western Courtyard, 2920 10th St. in Great Bend, noon to 7 p.m. May 16, or 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 17. Memberships will be counted at the GBCCA headquarters.