The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be live-streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3lB2SUt. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A resolution establishing a temporary burn ban.
• Appointment of a Solid Waste Director.
• Extension of the grant terms for the Facade Improvement Project grants to The Gallery in Great Bend and to B&H Development LLC (Great Bend Coffee and Yours Truly).
• A request for additional Facade Improvement Project funding for Twisted Fusion in Hoisington.
• A resolution concerning the involvement of sitting Barton County Commissioners on area boards and committees.
No study sessions have been scheduled as the commission will hold a public viewing of roads at 10 a.m. Wednesday. The viewing will begin at the northeast corner of Heizer and proceed from there. Official action on the request to vacate the roadway rights of way will take place at the Barton County Commission Meeting, 1400 Main, Room 106, Great Bend, Kansas, on Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 9 a.m. Comments may be presented at the public viewing and/or at the commission meeting.