The seventh annual Fall Gospel Sings Concerts start at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, and continue on Saturday, Oct. 22, with live music from 1-9 p.m., all at Barton Community College’s Fine Arts Auditorium, 245 NE 30 Road.
The annual event is promoted by gospel music lovers Lynn and Mary Chestnut with the help of several area churches. Admission is free, with love offerings taken for the singers. Concessions will be available in the common area outside the auditorium and in the Student Union during the break.
Programs Friday and Saturday begin with a welcome, opening prayer and playing of the national anthem.
The program for Friday, Oct. 21, includes bass soloist and songwriter Dave Arasmith from Topeka, followed by The Todd Allen Family. The Allens, from Branson, Mo., are 10 voices strong and travel "where the Lord leads" to churches and concerts all over the United States, performing Southern gospel music.
The lineup for Saturday, Oct. 22, features The Torres Family, Allen and Connie Parker, The Toneys, 4-Told, Joyful Noyz, Grandpa Gus, and Ed Huffman (and his "sanctified sax") from 1:05 to 4:25 p.m., when all singers will gather on stage for a Gaither Sing. After a 30-minute break, music will resume at 5:25 p.m. with the Torres Family, Dave Arasmith, Joyful Noyz, Allen and Connie Parker, Ed Huffman, 4-Told, and The Toneys.
Mary Chestnut noted that the schedule is subject to change.
Area churches have helped organize and promote this year’s sing, and the singers will be at the following churches on Sunday, Oct. 23 (all churches are in Great Bend unless otherwise noted):
• The Torres Family from Haysville will be at King United Methodist Church, 16th and Odell, for their morning worship at 11 a.m. and at the Church of God, Baker & Lakin, for their evening worship at 6 p.m.
• Dave Arasmith and Ed Huffman from Maize will be at First Congregational United Church of Christ, 3400 21st St., for their morning worship at 10:30 a.m.
• The Toneys, from Gallatin, Mo., will be at the First United Methodist Church, 2123 Forest Ave., at 6 p.m . Saturday, Oct. 22, and at Calvary Baptist Church, 207 West A, Ellinwood, for the morning worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 23.
• Joyful Noyz, from Galesburg, Ill., will be at Trinity United Methodist Church, 221 North Maple in Russell, for the morning worship services at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m.
• 4-Told, from Russell, will be at a morning worship services to be announced.
• Connie and Allen Parker of Lamb Watchers Ministries, Fairbury, Neb., will be at the Pawnee Rock Christian Church, 519 Centre in Pawnee Rock, for the morning worship service at 10:30 a.m.