The Barton County Historical Society is decorated and ready to celebrate an old-fashioned Christmas. Its annual open house, “Ghosts of Christmas Past,” will be held from 1-4 p.m. Sunday, December 8, at the BCHS Museum and Village, located just south of the Arkansas River Bridge on U.S. 281, Great Bend.
Bring the kids out to visit Santa & Mrs. Claus, have hot cider or coffee, and lots of cookies, sponsors said.
Live entertainment will be featured from 1:15 p.m. to closing. Featured will include:
- 1:15 p.m. - Barton County Community College instrumental students under the direction of Dr. Luis Palacios
- 1:45 p.m. - Students of the Central Kansas Piano Teachers’ League members.
- 2:30 p.m. - “Technology from the 20th Century,” including performers Tessa Fry (flute), Sidney Cooper and August Siefkes (marimbas), Madelynne Siefkes (trombone).
- 3 p.m. - Great Bend Middle School String Rhapsody under the direction of Isaac Enochs
- 3:30 p.m. - Great Bend High School Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Isaac Enochs