With Giving Tuesday fast approaching, planning has already started at the Golden Belt Community Foundation, GBCF Executive Director Christy Tustin said. An annual observance since 2014, this year’s event is set for Dec. 3.
“Again, this year the foundation is inviting all qualified charitable organizations in Barton, Pawnee, Rush, and Stafford counties to participate in the giving campaign and celebration,” she said.
“Giving Tuesday is an annual effort to connect donors with local charitable organizations,” Tustin said. “It also a chance for the donors to give to the organization or fund that is closest to them.”
Informational meetings are scheduled to present information about this year’s Giving Tuesday campaign. “These meetings are designed to answer questions and help organizations with the registration form,” Tustin said.
While the meetings are not mandatory this year, organizations are encouraged to attend, she said.
Here are some basic guidelines:
• Any qualified charitable organization in Barton, Pawnee, Rush or Stafford counties may participate.
• Funds raised may be granted directly back to the charitable organization or added to the organization’s endowment fund – it’s the organization’s choice.
• Matching funds will be awarded proportionally.
• Other incentives to participate and school challenges to be announced
Organizations must opt in for Giving Tuesday by Oct. 15, Tustin said. Organizations must complete and return a registration form to GBCF by this date, or it may be completed and handed in at one of the informational meetings.
The meeting dates include:
• 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 13.
• 1 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24.
All meetings will be held at the GBCF office located at 1307 Williams Street, Great Bend.
To learn more about this year’s Giving Tuesday, please visit the foundation website at www.goldenbeltcf.org in the coming weeks. For additional questions or a registration form, contact Tustin at 620-792-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.