By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Light bulb starts attic fire
Placeholder Image

A 250 watt light bulb in a recessed fixture meant for a 75 watt bulb was the cause of a fire Tuesday night at 5210 10th St., Great Bend Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the apartment complex at 9:31 p.m. and arrived to find fire in the attic area above one of the apartments. The residents in the adjacent apartments were evacuated until the fire was extinguished. Damage was confined to the attic area and was estimated at $5,000.
Earlier in the day, firefighters were sent to the 200 block of SW 30 Road at 3:43 p.m. for a car fire. The engine compartment of a 1995 Buick Riviera was on fire and the vehicle was a total loss.
At 5:43 p.m. Tuesday they responded to 1311 Harding for a gas leak at the meter.
On Monday firefighters performed as carbon monoxide check.
Firefighters made three ambulance runs on Monday and seven on Tuesday.