By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Lighter starts residential fire
Fire Station Two

Children playing with a lighter started a fire Sunday morning that caused an estimted $30,000 in damage to a duplex at 5907 Eisenhower St., Fire Chief Mike Napolitano reports.
Firefighters were dispatched at 9:36 a.m. and found heavy smoke coming from the front door. The occupant was outside and said the fire was in the back bedroom and that everyone was out of the residence.
The bedroom was fully involved in flames but the fire was quickly knocked down, Napolitano said.
Firefighters learned that after the fire started, the children ran out of the bedroom and told their mother, and all exited the building.
Firefighters were on scene about 90 minutes.