LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. Oct. 12 for a special meeting. Pawnee County commissioners Kathy Bowman; Donna Pelton, chair; and Gary Caplinger, were present. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee County clerk Ruth Searight.
Searight gave the commissioners the following for their review/approval — payables; draft minutes of Oct. 5, 2015; KAC Designated Delegate/Alternate Representatives to complete; third-quarter financials to approve for publication; copy of Kirkham/Michael contract dated December, 2014; agenda; updated meeting times for AirMedCare to meet with Pawnee County Employees; Christmas for Employees; DOC Administrative fees unpaid since 4th Quarter, 2013; and approval for Santa’s House on Courthouse Lawn for season.
• Scott Turner, Office Manager II, R & B. Commissioners signed Power of Attorney for Turner to sign paperwork to sell the 2002 Ford Public Transportation Bus.
• Commissioners approved Santa House to be on Courthouse Lawn during the Christmas Season from Dec. 2 through Dec. 28.
• Commissioners approved publishing the third quarter financial statement.
• Commissioners signed and approved checks for payables.
• Searight informed the commissioners that the Charter Resolution No. 15 has had it’s second publication, and it will take effect on Dec 9, 2015, unless a petition is filed to take to a vote.
• Searight visited with the commissioners regarding the Adult/Juvenile DOC not reimbursing Pawnee County for administration fees for payroll, payables, benefits, quarterly’s, and annual accounting/filings/bookwork for their Community Corrections Adult and Juvenile Programs.
• Via telephone, commissioners visited with Denise Wood, as to why she has not paid the $4,000. Woods stated that the state of Kansas had told her not to pay unless they had received an order from the commissioners with backup. Approval was passed to order the DOC funds reimburse Pawnee County $4,000 for administration of their payroll, payables, and all reports and hat they have completed for them. Searight will call the KDOC in Topeka to see if they need any further accounting.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of Oct. 5, 2015.
9:30 a.m.–Sydney Blanton, Larned Chamber/Pawnee County Economic Development director, gave updates on upcoming plans and activities. She discussed Lunch and Learn, and Golden Belt Foundation luncheon at Jordaan Public Library on Oct. 22, 2015, for $10. Gave updates on plans and other possible program.
She discussed the ROZ Program.
9:55 a.m.–Stephanie Buckman, BCBS manager, and Jim Lohmeyer, enrollment representative, presented and discussed Health Insurance renewal for 2016. Employee position needs to be a permanent position, and be scheduled an average of 30 hours per week to qualify for coverage.
Commissioners passed to renew coverage as presented, vote unanimous.
Commissioners approved Pawnee County Employees gift the same as last year.
Commissioners approved and signed checks for a second run of payables.
10:55 a.m.–Via telephone, visited with a representative of Steppin’ Out about their programs.
• 11:15 a.m.—The meeting was adjourned. The next regular meeting was scheduled at 9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 26.