LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. Jan. 3 for a special meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
9 a.m. — Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton and Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
• Commissioners sorted through the mail.
• John Settle, Pawnee County attorney, discussed the airport bills for 2011. He discussed dispatching billing for 2011. He discussed Pawnee Valley Community Hospital and the 2012 bond issue.
• Commissioners decided to go to the Burdett Senior Center next week for lunch, then listen to Matt Heyn, Pawnee Valley Community Hospital Administrator, presentation and update on the hospital.
11:15 a.m. — Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, gave updates on his department.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of the Dec. 29, 2011, special meeting.
• Commissioners approved paying the following dues and appropriations: CKLEPG, $4,686 (as per budget); League of Municipalities; $351.70; Kcamp, $73,839; and Kworcc, $50,668.
• Bob Frisbie stopped by to visit with the commissioners.