LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met Sept. 19 at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
9 a.m. — Pawnee County commissioners Kathy Bowman, Donna Pelton and John Haas were present. The commissioners sorted through mail.
Commissioners read and approved minutes of Sept. 12.
• Commissioners approved refunding RV hookup monies to a couple that was called away on an emergency, shortly after arriving at Camp Pawnee.
John Settle, county attorney, discussed Pawnee Valley Community Hospital. Commissioners discussed a possible advertisement publication for Camp Pawnee.
• Darold Bussard, custodian, told commissioners that he had 80 chairs to loan for the PVCH groundbreaking ceremony. Bussard discussed snow removal for this winter season.
Paul Fischer, Heartland Irrigation, stopped by to see the commissioners.
Commissioners discussed the Larned/Pawnee County Airport.
11:10 a.m. — Kathy Rondeau, Pawnee County Conservation district manager, and Matt Meyerhoff, National Resources soil conservationist, gave updates on activities, projects and plans.
Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables.
1:30 — Judi Tabler stopped by to see the commissioners.
1:45 p.m. — Settle discussed the PVCH project.
2 p.m. — Matt Heyn, PVCH administrator, joined Settle in discussing the e-mails Lane Massey, Larned city manager, had sent, regarding the needed reviews and permits from the city, for the construction of the hospital.
2:10 p.m. — John Jeter, M.D., CEO, Shae Veach, Regional Operations Vice-President, and Bill Overbey, CFO, all with HaysMed, arrived.
Heyn gave updates on the receptions for the new doctor. He gave updates on hospital operations and departments. He gave an update on the PVCH groundbreaking ceremony.
3 p.m. — Commissioners discussed the ground-breaking ceremony. They discussed the need for a foundation.
Settle and commissioners discussed Kearney and Associates contract.
Settle informed commissioners that Phil Schultze, Murray Company, David Wright, Health Facilities, Matt Heyn, will meet with Lane Massey, Larned city manager, at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the PVCH, regarding Larned City building regulations and permits.
• Rob and Jenny Manry, Pride Committee, gave updates on grants awarded and grant applications submitted. To date, they have been awarded $55,188.
They discussed Camp Pawnee and possible changes and additions to the camp sites. They discussed a possible publication to advertise Camp Pawnee. The Manrys will check into the publication.
Via telephone, commissioners visited with Brad Divelbiss regarding the Rural Opportunity Zone.
• Settle gave the commissioners a copy of Murray Company draw schedule for the construction of the new PVCH.
• Commissioners ordered the county attorney to institute tax foreclosure proceedings against real estate unredeemed after three years (2010, 2009, and 2008), in accordance with K.S.A. 79-2801, and commissioners approved Keenan Law Office handling the foreclosures.
• Commissioners approved the following new rates for Camp Pawnee Lodge and RV Hookups for the 2012 Season: Lodge $50 for 24-hour rental, plus a $50 deposit; RV Hookup, $12 per 24-hour period from noon to noon.
• Commissioners designated Kathy Bowman to be the voting delegate for Pawnee County at the KWORCC 2011 annual meeting and any special meetings.
• Commissioners discussed Key Gas delinquent taxes.
5:10 p.m. — The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled Sept. 26.