LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. Dec. 19 at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
9 a.m. — Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton and Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
• Commissioners sorted through the mail. They approved and signed checks for payroll, bills and expenses. During the day, commissioners approved and signed checks for additional bills and expenses. They signed abatement No. 2011-12.
• Commissioners signed a letter of support for Sunflower Diversified regarding their general public transportation program.
They reappointed Rocke Foster to another three-year term on the Larned City/Pawnee County Board of Zoning Appeals.
10 a.m. — A public hearing on the 2011 proposed amended budgets, as published Dec. 9, 2011.
As no one attended the hearing, the Pawnee County Board of Commissioners adopted the amended 2011 budget as published.
• A conference call was staged regarding investment of Pawnee County PBC project fund.
Present were John Settle, Pawnee County attorney; via telephone, John Harris, Country Club Bank; Chris Winter, Winters & Co. Advisors, LLC, and representative of the Trustee Bank.
Winters informed commissioners that seven bidders qualified, and all but one declined to bid. A German Bank in Bavaria, Bayerische Landesbank, bid 0.3600 percent.
After much discussion, Commissioners accepted the bid.
11:15 a.m. — Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, and Scott King, Pawnee County sheriff were present.
They discussed the two trucks that the sheriff was going to trade for new vehicles. Demel requested that road and bridge acquire one or both of the vehicles for the department.
1:30 p.m. — Steve Miller and Tim Lane, Golden Belt Telephone, presented and discussed services they offer for computer, business and phone systems.
2 p.m. — Matt Heyn, Pawnee Valley Community Hospital administrator; G.L. VonFeldt, VonFeldt, Bauer and VonFeldt, and Settle, via telephone, reviewed November financials with Bill Overbey, HaysMed.
They discussed CHC and CHO, and setting up a foundation for the hospital.
Heyn gave an update on the tax credits. All are sold. He gave other updates on plans and activities.
• Scott King, Pawnee County sheriff, presented the quotes for two new trucks.
After discussion, Commissioners approved both 2012 trucks from Hanken’s, with trading one of the vehicles with the deal, to be paid from equipment reserve fund, and road and bridge department reimbursing equipment reserve fund $14,000, for the other sheriff’s vehicle.
• Commissioners will not meet next week, unless something comes up that a special meeting will be called.
• Commissioners approved the road and bridge department advertising the 1994 pickup for sale.
4:15 p.m. — The meeting was adjourned. The next regular meeting is scheduled is Jan. 3.