By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Spotlight in garage starts fire
GB fire station 1

A double-car detached garage sustained an estimated $8,000 in damage Wednesday after a fire broke out at 64 NE 21 Road.
Great Bend Fire Department responded to the call at 7:48 a.m. and found heavy smoke coming from a walk-in door and window.
Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the fire was discovered by the occupant of the house, Tricia Viegra, who called 911. The fire was quickly extinguished.
It was determined that the fire was started by a spotlight left on too close to combustible material.
GBFD was assisted by the Barton County Sheriff’s Office, Wheatland Electric and Kansas Gas.