By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Woman injured in garage fire

A 57-year-old woman suffered burns and smoke inhalation from a fire inside a garage Friday afternoon, according to a report from the Great Bend Fire Department. She was identified only as the daughter of Howard H. Barry, Great Bend.
A garage fire at 1702 Morton St. was reported at 2:56 p.m. Firefighters arrived and found a garage with a 1991 Ford pickup inside on fire. The owner of the vehicle and occupant of the residence, Barry, said they were working on the pickup and draining fuel from the gas tank when the fire started. His daughter was inside the garage at the time of the fire.
The fire was extinguished and the patient was transported to Great Bend Regional Hospital.
The residence is owned by Shane Satterfield. Property damage is estimated at $8,000.