HOISINGTON – A Hoisington man is in custody after threatening his wife and law enforcement officers.
Al Pierce, 61, was booked into the Barton County Jail on multiple drug and firearms charges in lieu of $300,000 bond.
According to the Hoisington Police Department, at 10:53 this morning, officers with the HPD and Barton County Sheriff’s Office responded to 467 West 9th St. in reference Pierce who was threatening to kill his wife as well as harm law enforcement if they responded. Information given prior to officers’ arrival noted there were firearms in the residence.
When officers got to the residence, they contacted Pierce briefly at the front door before he went back inside. Pierce later exited out of the rear of the house and began walking south on Clay Street where he was taken into custody.
A search of the residence was later conducted where narcotics, stolen property and firearms were recovered.
Pierce was booked into jail on the following charges:
• Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute within 1000 feet of a school
• Possession of a controlled substance
• Felony possession of marijuana
• Felony possession of drug paraphernalia
• Possession of drug paraphernalia
• Criminal use of a weapon
• Two counts of criminal possession of a weapon
• Criminal threat
• Felony interference with law enforcement
• Two counts of theft